How to choose sunglasses?
CUSTOM SUNGLASSES IN OPTIQUE
Sunglasses should be worn throughout the year - both summer and winter. In our optical boutique, you can easily personalize the selected model of Ray-Ban® sunglasses to your expectations:
1. Insert optical sunlenses with vision correction, fully tailored to your needs: details here.
2. Change color of the lenses in your sunglasses - ordered an additional set of Ray-Ban® sunlenses in the selected color by you: here.
3. Select the material, coating and lens technology: here.
4. Fit index (thickness) of colored sunlenses to your expectations: here.
Please kindly note that not all models of Ray-Ban® sunglasses have the opportunity to exchange lenses. In this case, our Experts will contact you in order to choose other, optimal solution for you!
Find out more about the properties and technology of Ray-Ban® sunlenses.
WHEN AND WHAT SUNGLASSES?
Depending on the time of year and the amount of sunshine, we need sunglasses with varying degrees of darkness. Markings can be found on the inside o left arm of sunglasses. They will be marking: 1P, 2P, 3P, 4P.
Category 1P - 20 - 57% obscuration - these sunglasses are suitable for cloudy days.
Category 2P - 57 - 82% obscuration - suitable for protection against glare from the sun during summer in the Central Europe.
Category 3P - 80 - 92% obscuration - this sunglasses can be take to the beach, mountains and the southern European countries we visit. NOTE: The blackout of 90% and above is not suitable for drivers!
Category 4P - 92 - 97% obscuration - suitable in the high mountains and glaciers.
Checking the quality of lenses is not simple. Do not trust stickers with the inscription UV-400, which means that the sunglasses block access to eye all the wavelengths below 400 nanometers (nm). This standard is not subject to strict standards.
1. It is better to focus on the subjective feelings about the viewed image. We should go out with sunglasses that are going to buy and check at first the quality of color vision such as whether the well distinguish the colors of traffic - red and green. If the poor quality of lenses, we can have with this difficulty. Secondly, let's check sharpness or not is blurred, and objects not heaving lines.
2. Equally important as the technical aspect is matching sunglasses. Check first that do not rely on the cheeks. To find out if the glasses are not made your face, smile broadly to yourself in the mirror. If you laugh while floating on the cheeks, you will not be pleased with them - on a hot day glasses will leave red marks on your face.
3. In addition, if jump off the nose, ask our Optics to be adjusted the ears.
Sunglasses made of good quality material gives form, so that the best were arranged to the head and was in them - you can play sports without worrying that it will fall.
We also invite you to check the newest models from the Ray-Ban® sun collection! here