How to choose your glasses online?
Buying glasses over the Internet is not at all difficult. We encourage you to read our guide, which will certainly make it easier for you to make the right decision.Before you order optical frames or sunglasses, check out our practical tips and tricks. Thanks to this you will learn how to choose a frame for your face shape, or how to choose their size and color scheme.
How to choose the right glasses for your face
Glasses are used to correct vision, protect against harmful solar radiation. They are also a very important part of the outfit. They can be an element of coherent styling or its distinctive detail (jewellery function, interesting color, attractive addition).
You have a lot of possibilities. Rectangular, Square, Round, Oval, Wayfarer, Cat, Aviator - which one to choose? So how to choose the right glasses for the shape of our face and what to follow when choosing them?
Ray-Ban glasses can be divided into three groups: patents, monofilament glasses and full frames. In addition, each of these groups has a wide range of shapes and forms. In order to look good in glasses, first of all we have to feel good in them. And in order to feel good in glasses, it is worth remembering a few basic principles of their selection:
The shape of the frame should rather contrast with the shape of the face;
With a small face, do not wear large frames (they will completely cover the face) and vice versa, too small frames will discover the drawbacks of a wide face;
Brow Line Principle
Frames must not (should not) reach above the eyebrows (except for sunglasses);
The lower edge of the frames should not touch the cheeks, as this may interfere with proper use.
Let's remember, however, that each of us is different, has his or her own individual style, different position at work, different type of complexion, or is looking for glasses for different circumstances. Each has a different face shape. We differ from each other, but we also have common parts, thanks to which we can distinguish 6 shapes of the face. For each of them there are dedicated shapes of glasses in which you simply look good.
- The most universal shape of the face - most of the shapes of glasses fit it;
- We recommend frames of a size close to the width of the face or in the shape of a walnut - not too narrow;
- However, if the face is much longer than wider, the elongation should be optically reduced, then the best frames are: slightly rounded at the bottom and straight at the top, and contrasting, with coloured temples, which expand the face through this.
- The best fit will be glasses, which will lengthen and slim down the face: square, rectangular, with a straight shape and thicker temples.;
- It is important that the frames are delicate, although in this case you can also try to experiment with colour;
- By choosing frames in a dark, expressive colour, we will slim down the face;
- The square face needs to be slender and rounded off with round, oval, aviator shape or cat glasses;
- Choose slightly rounded glasses, preferably at the bottom, then it will distract attention from the mandible, soothing sharp scratches;
- We choose higher models rather than wider ones;
- The upper part of the frame should be placed on the eyebrow line, thanks to which you will optically lengthen the jaw line;
- For a rectangular face it is necessary to optically shorten it, so the best are oval, cat or wide - rectangular glasses;
- As with a square face, choose slightly rounded glasses, preferably at the bottom, which will distract attention from the mandible;
- The upper edge should fall below the eyebrows line, which may result in an optical shortening effect;
- Asymmetrical decorations of oval shapes will also work well;
- In this case we have a wide forehead, narrowing face down (narrow jaw);
- We aim to optically narrow the upper part of the face or avoid emphasizing the lower part of the face;
- You can try with metal frames without a bottom edge, or you can choose glasses with frames with a rounded bottom edge or completely round;
- A delicate border will also be appropriate;
- The width and size of the frames must not be exaggerated;
- Features include a narrow forehead and jaw with heavily scratched and wide cheeks.;
- We offer oval glasses - softens a wide part of the face;
- We can also choose slightly curved, angular glasses;
- Frames must not be too wide;
- The cat-shaped frames will also work well.;
How to choose right size of the glasses
The glasses have different sizes. Within a single model, there are most often different sizes, at least two or three. This is particularly true in the case of optical frames. Sunglasses, on the other hand, are also available in universal size. How do you know what is the right size of sunglasses for you?Before buying it is worth measuring your current glasses. This will avoid the purchase of uncomfortable frames, too small or too large.So if you have an old pair of glasses that look good, you can simply use the size information on your old glasses. Usually the information you need is on the inside of the temple or on the bridge.The size does not have to be exactly the same, but the closer it is to the size of the old glasses, the more similar the new glasses will look on your face. The front measurement shall include the lens dimension and the width of the sternum, measured in millimetres and usually separated from each other by a dash or rectangle (e. g. 50 - 22).The size of the lens is the width of the lens, measured from the bridge, while the width of the bridge is the distance between the lenses over the nose, as shown in the graph below. Sometimes you can also see the vertical dimension of the lens and the length of the temple.To determine the correct size of your Ray-Ban sunglasses, you need the width of the bridge, which determines how the glasses will lie on your nose. However, the size of the lens is an option to choose and there is only an indication of how the glasses will look on the face.
50mm / 22mm / 145mm, 47mm / 22mm / 145mm, 54mm / 18mm / 150mm.
The "Size"; parameter on each product card means the width of the lens measured in millimeters - for example, for the Ray-Ban Original Wayfarer RB2140 there are three sizes available: 47mm, 50mm i 54mm.
How to choose the best color for yourself?
Now you know how to choose the right glasses for the shape of your face. But that's not all. When selecting glasses, you should also pay attention to the color. We have 4 types of colors, check which one you represent and which colors are the best for you.
- We choose the color of the frames for the color of the eyes (taking into account the warm temperature);
- We choose the color of the frame on the basis of contrast (also taking into account the warm temperature);
- Recommended frames: in warm tones - brown, warm chocolate, blue, turquoise, slightly pink, violet, amber, green, orange (rather shiny or semi-matt);
- We choose the color of frames for the eye colour (taking into account the cold temperature).;
- We choose the color of the luminaires on the basis of contrast (also taking into account the cold temperature);
- Recommended frames: in cool, extinguished tones - graphite, gray-blue, grey-green, dark red, pink-powder, violet-powder (rather mat or semi-matt);
- We choose the color of luminaires for the eye color (taking into account the warm temperature).;
- Recommended frames: in warm tones, - brown, bitter chocolate, wine, amber, green, graphite, gray-blue, grey-green (rather shiny or semi-matt);
- We choose the color of luminaires for the eye color (taking into account the cold temperature).;
- We choose the color of the luminaires on the basis of contrast (also taking into account the cold temperature of the frames);
- Recommended luminaires: in strong, but also cool tones - black, brown, navy blue, dark green, dark red (gloss or semi-matt);
There are several rules for selecting glasses to suit the shape of the face or the type of beauty. We hope that now their choice will be much easier for you. However, if you need additional professional advice, we invite you to visit our boutiques.